1. Kootenay Lake Never Freezes- why you ask? No real definitive answer but probably due to the flow of the water, some believe that there are underground thermal springs that keep the lake above freezing, it is one of the few lakes in the region that do not freeze over and that’s ok with us. It makes for excellent year round fishing!
2. Kootenay Lake is 107km long and about 480 feet deep. It's one of the biggest lakes in British Columbia.
3. Annual hours of sunshine – Creston vs Kelowna = Creston has 2035 vs Kelowna 1949.
4. Drive time from Calgary to Crawford Bay vs Kelowna From the epicenter of the city (Chinook Mall) it is 560 kilometers to Crawford Bay vs 610 km to Kelowna city centre. and it takes 5 hours 53 minutes to CB versus 6 hours 10 minutes.
5. The longest running mine in Canada was the Bluebell in Riondel. 1895-1972 (Including closed time)